Thursday, March 10, 2011

Julian, CA


James and I love JULIAN. It is this adorable little town located in the Cuyamaca hills about an hour east of us. We have to drive through some mountains and around a lake on a windy road to get there. I seriously love when we go. We get a long car ride to talk, laugh, listen to music, sing and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The town is full of history, cute adorable shops and tons of apple paraphernalia, since that is what they are known for. Trust me, come apple season in Septemeber/October, Julian is packed! They have so much history in this old mining town. There is a cemetary  , historic houses and jails and they have a self guided history hunt that takes you all around the town telling you interesting facts. You can even go into apple orchards and pick your own apples. Oh ya, and you can't forget there amazing PIES and there handmade confections and candied apples. Julian just screams ultimate sweet date day with all its rustic charm.

When my dad came to town, I wanted to show him this cute little place. Since I was still on maternity leave, we were able to go during the week when there would be very little tourist traffic. James and my sister Virginia unfortunately had to work and weren't able to make it, but we still managed to have fun. The day was gorgeous with sunshine and crisp mountain air. Then, the wind blew - oh man. It was so freakin' cold when the wind picked up. We would run into the shops just to get warm, poor Chloe. She was bundled so much she could hardly move.
Main Street
The Cider Mill has all homemade confections, snacks, goodies and of course cider. We love there Golden Nuggets and have to get them every time we are in town.

This bakery has the BEST Candied apples. It is also super adorable inside too. Unfortunately, it was closed :(

The first time I have seen Mom's Pie Shop with no line out the door! Trust me, this NEVER happens.
YUM. I wanted to try them all.
This was the wallpaper inside Mom's. I seriously have wall envy right now. I so want this for my kitchen.
My sister Tiffany and her boyfriend Kevin. Love these two. I do hope they get married someday. We already introduce Kevin as Uncle Kevin to Chloe.
My dad & Jeannette


They had real wood burning stoves and fireplaces in the shops and eateries. I loved it.



There are more pictures, but for some reason my computer is giving me problems right now. So I am just going to leave it at that. If you live in the San Diego area, seriously take the drive to Julian, I promise you will love it.


♥ Michelle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Unknown said...

so i've been loving your blog lately, and haven't commented, but i have to say... i LOVE Julian! i grew up in the LA area, and my family used to go to Julian every year for a church camp at Camp Stevens. i have the best memories of Julian! anyway, i just had to comment when i saw your post. i haven't been in about 10 years, so your pictures really brought me back. thanks for posting!

She Said... said...

Bri,
I am so glad you love Julian as much as I do! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...