Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My version of the taco bake (YUM!!!)

James and I have a very small palate. We do not venture out as far as food goes. Especially when we are on a super tight budget. So last night we decided to try something different with the ingredients we have lying around. We ended up with something like a "taco bake". I have never heard of it before, but when we started looking up recipes online this kept popping up. So we made our own variation of it.
It came out DELISH! We seriously ate the entire thing, even though it could feed a family of 4, it was just that good. Normally I don't share food recipes because all I cook is hamburger helper. However, this was too yummy and so easy that I just had to share. Hope you enjoy! :)

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 packet of McCormick taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
Monterrey jack cheese
cream cheese
2 large flour tortillas
crushed chili cheese fritos

Prep:
1.Make the seasoned taco meat. Brown the ground beef, add taco seasoning according to directions.
2. In small casserole dish, layer ingredients as follows:
     Tortilla
     1/2 of the seasoned meat
     Beans
     Jack cheese
     Tortilla
     Cream cheese - spread on tortilla in a thick layer

     Other 1/2 of season meat add rest of meat
     Jack Cheese
Bake: 
Oven tempurature at 350. Bake for 15 minutes.

Add crushed chili cheese fritos to top, layer more cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
Serve.

I am sure many of you can add olives, onions, tomatoes and such. James and I are just not veggie loving people. If you make it, let me know how it turns out or if you have any other suggestions to add to it. :)

♥ Michelle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...