Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chloe - 6 months

Pictures are a little preview from our family photo shoot with Heather Pepin.

Chloe turned 6 months 2 weeks ago. I know all the family reading this would like to know her updates. Chloe is a BIG baby. When I mean big, I mean that the Dr. said she is the size of an 8 month old. She is in the 95th percentile for her age. The Dr. said she is healthy and doing great! She already wears size 9 month clothing and weighs 18 1/2 lbs. Her hair is getting blonder and she is actually starting to look like ME!


We started to feed her peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. She seems to love them all. She hates rice cereal. Every time my sister tries to feed it to her, she screams and cries.  I think we are going to try oatmeal or wheat cereal instead. We will be starting on fruits this week. I am hesitant only because I know that fruits taste wayyyy better than veggies and I hope that she will still want to eat veggies after she has had the sweet taste of fruits. We also have started her on a sippy bottle, it is like a sippy cup with handles, but with a bottle nipple that we will eventually change out for a sippy cup top. She seems to be doing great and will hold the handles on her own.

She loves to sit on her own, she will sit up very alert and entranced while watching her "stories" (aka baby Einstein videos).  She likes to stand up and roll over and over. She also loves to eat her feet. Her favorite toy is Carl (a lady bug with fun stuff to chew on) and Estelle (a stuffed pink flowered printed pony).  She stands in her excersaucer all the time and loves to eat the toys that are attached. I already mentioned in a previous post how much she loves the water. She absolutely loves taking baths and trying to swim in the tub. She has outgrown her baby tub and now takes full on "big girl" baths in the big tub. (with really, really shallow water)

 We are starting to teach Chloe Sign language. Right now she looks at us like we are silly or something when we use hand gestures while talking to her, but I know she will catch on eventually. She is already talking up a storm and likes to say dada a lot. Although it is more like rambling than actually looking at James and acknowledging that it is him. And she LOVES to razz (making spit bubbles with her mouth). I seriously think it's her favorite thing ever.


Chloe loves me, but she is a daddy's girl through and through. She just beams every time she sees him. I am glad though, I have always admired relationships with dad's and daughters and I love that I can witness there relationship first hand. It is so precious.

10 comments:

Emily said...

After two little guys, I'm itching for a girl baby, if only to put cute head bands on!!!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

we are using a little sign language with owsley as well! i can't wait to read about how it's going with chloe.

Rebecca said...

oh my GOODNESS!!!! My heart... she is so beautiful. She looks like a model baby. I love reading your updates on her and it makes me excited for when Alizah gets to that stage ( although I kinda dont want her to get there TOO quickly!)

Vivi said...

she is gorgeous x
huggs & blessings!!!

vivI.Iviv
www.lovexevol.blogspot.com

Olivia Grace said...

She is so gorgeous! Beautiful photos! Brees didn't like rice cereal either and our pediatrician told us to just ditch it and give her oatmeal. She seems to like that a little better. We are starting fruit this week, too! Good luck! Chloe is a doll:)

Crystal M. said...

A little boy I watch does signing, and it seriously makes things so much easier with him! With Ryker I know what he wants when he does 'unhhhh!' but with this other boy, he just signs and then I know what to give him!

Love the picture of you girls on the blanket! :)

Unknown said...

What a PUMPKIN! Such a fun age.

Anonymous said...

ugh. those eyes. and those cheeks. they melt me everytime!

that last picture is amazing! your husband gets major cool points for having such an awesome beard :)

Callie said...

Aw, how sweet that she's such a Daddys' girl!

Mom said...

Love the pics and You guys are doing a wonderful job with her. I am so glad I got to spend sometime with you guys and some one on one with her Thrusday. She is definatley doing a lot of things on her own... She is one lucky baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...