Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Poor Chloe

my little one is sick! There have been some sick little ones at childcare lately and we think she may have got it from that. Oh the joys of taking your baby to day care! actually, our daycare is amazing and this may be the only downfall. Anyway, my poor little babe woke up with a fever and a terribly runny nose. So I took the day off to take care of her. She has been sleeping for over an hour and a half (longest nap EVER for her) and it doesn't look like she will be waking up anytime soon. I gave her some ibuprofen and that really seemed to help with the fever. But what about the baby boogies? I have never seen so much snot in my life. And she HATES the nose aspirator. She cries and screams and it seems like I have to hog tie her down every time I need to suck something out of her nose. She won't even let me wipe her dripping nose without crying. Well, at least she is still eating and drinking her formula. I was told she wouldn't eat or drink anything yesterday. Any moms out there have any tips to help with the runny/stuffy nose?


7 comments:

Miranda said...

My little one despises getting her nose wiped too. She's 15 months, and has just stopped crying when I do it. I've tried distractions with toys and things and that sometimes helps.

Danielle said...

turning the shower on hott hott water and standing in there with the steam with her will help the stuffiness and relieve her a bit! hope this helps!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

have you tried a humidifier in her room? they work wonders for gage.

Crystal M. said...

Poor little girl! Ryker ALWAYS had a runny nose too- our doctors told us to use saline drops 4 times a day (you can get them at a pharmacy). I just put a drop in each nostril every time I changed his diaper, and even though he hated it, it really helps. It's the same as having them around a humidifier 24/7. And because it's just saline, there's no actual medication in it. Good luck!! :)

She Said... said...

Thank you ladies! I bought the saline nose drops and we used our humidifier last night. It seemed to do wonders! She woke up with a much clearer nose in the morning. It still was runny later in the day, but at least she was clear enough to get her breakfast eaten before the runny nose began again.

I really appreciate all the advice!

Danielle said...

Aww, I hope she feels feels better very soon.

Callie said...

Aw, poor thing! That sounds miserable. Maybe her little nose is sore? I hope she's feeling better now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...