Saturday, March 3, 2012
I'm Deanna! I'm a stay at home mama of two crazy little boys. I collect gnomes and have an unnatural obsession with Colin Meloy. Hopefully my blog will make you laugh. It might make you cry, and every once in a while it may make you want to punch me in the face. Suck it up, because this is my blog, and meanies will not be tolerated. No, seriously, I am actually the most passive person you might never meet. On my blog you will find my weekly features: Topical Tuesday, What I Wore Wednesday, Gage Says and My Stories. Mixed in you will see some crafts and recipes, as well as your typical mommy rant. I'm sarcastic, yet loveable. And I hope you'll stick around for a bit! I'm a vagabond at heart, and a daydreamer throughout my soul. Come join me on my little journey to maintain what's left of my sanity!
Friday, March 2, 2012
Hi! My name is Lindsay, and my little space on the internet is called All of Our Love. While I've been blogging for a few years, I am just getting my feet wet, and would love to share my blog with you.
I am a 27 year old "mommy blogger" to two boys--ages 7 and 5. My blog is undergoing a major overhaul right now, but in the meantime, I'm blogging about my days with all three of my boys and sharing my photography. In the coming weeks, I will be unveiling new features that I hope will be fun and exciting for my readers. I hope you'll check out All of Our Love and stick around for the changes-while you're there, drop me a line and say hello! I love to know who's reading. See you soon!
Thursday, March 1, 2012
My little Chlo Worm is becoming more and more independent each day. I am not gonna lie, I love it! She seems much happier now that she can get around on her own and reach things that she wants rather than point and get upset that we don't understand what she is pointing at. Although, she is now able to reach things on our bathroom counter that she wasn't able to do before. And she has been able to open the front door...so we have to take extra precautions. We noticed a huge change in her attitude since she has been able to walk on her own and it has been such a blessing! Now she wants to walk EVERYWHERE. She even will walk in circles over and over around our couch (which sits in the middle of our living room). She is such a cutie and her little waddle walk is adorable.
At her last doctors visit they said she was now 26 pounds and is ______ tall. She wears size 18 mo-24mo clothing and size 5 shoes. She is still in size 4 diapers, but is moving up soon, I'm sure. Her little chunky legs are getting more slender now that she is walking more (tear!). She talks her own little baby talk and she has the cutest little girl voice. She loves to make funny faces and stick her tongue out. Her favorite toys are her little Legos and her bath crayons. She LOVES the bath and is always pointing to it and tries to get in. She has been drawing and coloring up a storm, luckily only on the paper and table. I am still waiting for the day that I come home to find crayons all over the walls!
Her schedule is still unpredictable. She goes to sleep anytime between 8:00pm-11:00pm depending on what she did that day and how long her naps were. She typically wakes up around 7:00am, the same time we do, so it's great for us. She takes a nap at the sitters right after lunch (if only she would do that on weekends!). At around 8:00pm we dim the lights in the house and start to settle down. We turn on a family friendly movie, although she prefers movies with real people, and she sits there with us or quietly plays on the couch until she gets sleepy. It's been a great wind down period that she is used to now, finally!
In the past month she has suffered a couple colds, an ear infection and then a double ear infection. :( With the help of medicines and lots of love and care (and days off work from Mom & Dad) she is back to normal and is her happy go lucky self again!
Well, that's the update on her... how are your beautiful children (or furkids) doing?
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Another question for you moms ( and dads) out there... What are you thoughts/experiences with the Moby Wrap?
I have been contemplating for a while if i should get one for the new baby. Some I have talked to about them swear by it. I am not sure if the cost is worth it though. My concern with the Moby is that I will have trouble wrapping it by myself since there is so much going on.
We already have a Baby Bjorn and I am wondering if i need another carrier. I do remember my back hurting from not having any lower back support with the Baby Bjorn. Also, there is a minimum weight and height for the Baby Bjorn and I remember we couldn't use it right away with Chloe. Plus, all the babies look so comfortable in the pictures with the Moby Wrap.
|Isn't this picture with the Grandma so cute?|
Anyone want to chime in and let me know their thoughts on the product?
Btw, totally listened to you all about the My Brest Friend vs the Boppy and I ended up getting one, i can tell just by seeing it in person that its going to help much more! Thank you for all the advice!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
okay, here are 10 more random facts about me... in case the past 70 weren't enough for you.
71. I own a sewing machine, but barely sew. I love to sew and make things, it just comes down to a matter of time. I have plenty of instructional sewing books and patterns and really fun ideas in my idea book of things I want to make, but because of the lack of time, those things never come to fruition. My friend even teaches a class on sewing at a local university, so I might just buck up and take it so I don't have any more excuses.
72. I love bananas (as does Chloe) but I can't stand banana flavored things. James is allergic to Bananas, but he can eat the fake banana flavoring stuff just fine and loves it, so it works out well for us.
73. I make a mean pasta salad, or so I hear. I actually put a lot of things in it that James and I don't really like (meaning vegetables), but others seem to love it and request for me to make it when we do potlucks. So I must be doing something right!
74. When I was in 5th grade, I had a story I wrote published in a book of stories through our school. I don't know how this happened, but when I found the story in the publication, it said the author was Michael Pervert. I was crushed. I am sure someone that it was a funny joke. Now I can laugh at it, but at the time it was pretty sucky.
75. I love Monopoly and Scrabble, but everyone in my family refuses to play them with me because I always win. I don't think its fair. I am not cocky or anything about it, I just really love strategy and word games and it sucks when no one wants to play with you. I am also really obsessed with skip-bo.
76. My favorite flowers are peonies and magnolias. I just love how big and voluminous they are. They are also charming and very feminine.
77. I'm really interested in the Holocaust history. I've devoured tons of books and information on it. I've met a survivor who wrote a book when I was in middle school. I like to visit Jewish/Holocaust museums in different cities too. I really don't know why I am so obsessed about it, it is a sad but interesting time in history.
78. I love Quentin Tarantino films. He is so creative and has an awesome sense of humor. Good thinks James loves his work too. I especially love Kill Bill.
79. My absolute favorite director is M. Night Shyamalan. His movies always have a twist in the end that I never see coming. (Which is great because I usually am good at calling out things that are going to happen in a movie and it's nice to be surprised once in a while). His movies are thoughtful and creative and not too scary for me. We own all of his movies.
80. Speaking of movies, we have almost 300 dvds in our collection. I know because I actually keep an excel spreadsheet of them. Yes, I am overly organized, but its so we don't double buy a movie. I hardly ever pay full price for them, we mostly purchase them for $10 and under. Too bad blu rays are becoming more popular... or maybe not too mad since that will mean dvds will be cheaper, yay! I am blu rays taking over won't stop us since we still have a VHS player and collect them as well. Anyone else still use VHS?